Thursday, July 26, 2007

To blog or not to blog

I've been pondering this question for quite some time. I voraciously read about 30 blogs and am continually searching for new ones. I love the insight I get into the lives of these people. I rarely, if ever, post, but I find myself referring to them in conversation with people in my "real" life. I frequently catch myself beginning a sentence with: "This woman/man's blog I read said ..."

So what has kept me (a professional writer) from jumping into the blogosphere long, long ago? In a word--my mother (okay two words). I don't think I can write with the required honesty of a good blog if there's a chance my mother would eventually read it. That's sad, and I probably need therapy I know, as I'm a 30-something mother with a house (sort of--that's a story for later) a husband and a great life. But it's the truth.

So I found a solution--an anonymous blog where I can write about whoever and whatever I want, without her or anyone else knowing.

You see, I want to be able to bitch about my friends and what they say and do. I want to complain about my husband when he pisses me off. And I want to admit that I skip mass once in awhile without sending my mother into a praying frenzy to save my soul from the fires of hell.

The pictures will be lacking (at least for awhile), which sucks I know. I love seeing photos of the bloggers I stalk. And maybe with time, I'll be comfortable posting a few. We'll see.

Who knows if anyone will even ever discover my blog. It may just be for me.

One thing I do promise my readers (again, even it's only moi) is that I will post frequently. I HATE blog lags. I also promise that you will probably find tons of grammatical errors, a lack of proper spelling and punctuation. I spend too much time professionally worrying about that stuff to meticulously comb this (which is supposed to be fun) for errors.

So there you go.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: