Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Checking In

I'm not even going to apologize for being a bad blogger, because unfortunately I think that's the way it's going to be for awhile. I've been spending every free moment on my freelance work, which is fun, but never ending!

I have been keeping up with my runnning pretty well. I broke my six-mile barrier finally and ran a little over 8 miles on Sunday (I thought it was nine, but rechecked in my car and it was a little short). But still that's big for me--the longest I've run in years. And I felt so, so great doing it. The weather was gorgeous and I felt great the entire way--except for a horrible toe cramp that I just stopped briefly to massage out--i've got to stop clenching my toes!

I took yesterday off then set out for an easy four miles today, which were not easy at all! i felt like i was going to throw up, everything hurt, etc., etc. I got it done, but it wasn't fun. So who knows? I'm going to join a marathon training program that starts in late spring, so i'll get more systematic about it, but I feel pretty good about my start back into running after a too-long hiatus!

Had a fun playdate today with some of PB's classmates. Was great until he went flying off of his big wheel and got a HUGE egg on his head. The first thing he told me through his hysterical tears was "that's why I needed my helmet!" Of course I had forgotten to bring his helmet to his friend's house, and told him he would be fine without it. Great parenting moment right there.

That's about it for now. Sorry I've been horrible about commenting on all of your blogs too. I'll try to be better!

2 comments:

Wes said...

You can use MapMyRun or gmap-pedometer to check your mileage, from the comfort of your chair :-)

redheadmomma said...

You crack me up how, when you started your blog, you were annoyed with the bloggers who took lots of time off from blogging. I just got a chuckle out of that - that's life, I guess, to drop the ball sometimes! Sometimes I have no time, sometimes I'm working through something that I'm not ready to blog yet, and sometimes I just don't want to write. :)

Sorry to hear PB got an owie on his head - it's okay dear secretmom, you can't forsee the future :) We make the best decisions we can at that moment - and we all forget stuff on the way to playdates. And here's the best part: we learn from our mistakes. I bet you'll never forget that helmet again. :) hugs!