Thursday, November 22, 2007

From Amidst the Boxes

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm currently thankful that we're back online!

The move went great--most of our stuff arrived in one piece, and I've been happily finding spaces for all of our things, purging tons and just getting us all set up. It's been fun, but absolutely exhausting. Fortunately, I've been able to fall into my long-lost, huge, ultra comfy, king-sized bed each night.

PB is so happy with a new playroom and rediscovering all of his toys. Unfortunately, he's been most excited by his drum set, which we've heard A LOT of.

I'm in LOVE with my new shower that is so big I can dance in--and have. It's like a whole room. Do you think showering can become an addiction? :)

We took a break from the boxes and went to my husband's parents today, where we had a lovely turkey dinner. I think I ate 52 pounds of potatoes. I love potatoes. Well, really, I love potaotes when they're in the form of a potatoe casserole with butter, cheese, sour cream, buttered corn flakes on top--you know the one? I rarely eat it, but when I do, I can't get enough.

I just heated up some leftovers his mom sent home with us. And I could very easily finish off the rest tonight. I love the turkey, but besides that all I really need is this fattening, artery-cloggin dish. Keep your pumpkin pie, stuffing, cranberry sauce, salads, etc., just give me my midwestern staple! Yummm.

So much more to blog about. So much more to be thankful for. But right now, I think I need to go eat more potatoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mashed potatoes are my favorite.