Okay, I know I said that I wasn't going to post anymore about my house until it sold, but I just can't help it. I'm sitting here on 8 billion pins and 12 gazillion needles waiting for word on what could be it!
It's one of the couples who loved our house and was supposed to make a decision last weekend. And the did. But they decided on another house. The other house itself is NOT nicer than ours. Ours is bigger, nicer, more updated, etc. I will give it to them for neighborhood--it's a nice one, but the real tipping point I think came down to the fact that the other house has a swimming pool. Now, in Florida a pool was a requirement for me. In rainy Seattle, however, I would personally avoid a house if it had a pool. All the care, risk, etc. would not be worth it to me for the 2 days a year you could swim. But to each his/her own.
So we thought we lost them, but they said if the inspection didn't work, we were their backup.
Guess what????? the inspection didn't work out and they walked!!!!
So last night their agent said an offer would likely be coming our way soon. They wanted to go back one more time (I totally get that and we do the same thing) and then if they decide to go with ours they want to close in two weeks--we can do that!!!
So it's far from a done deal, because really an offer does not necessarily mean it will be an offer we like (although we're so flexible now). But it's hope! It's the closest we have been to some financial relief, and I can't even stand how perfect it would be if it happened in these two weeks right before we move into our new home.
Please, please pray, send positive vibes and anything else in your arsenal our way!
It's only 7:30 p.m. there now, so perhaps the offer is being written as we "speak". Ugh, it's going to be hard to sleep tonight!