Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Boot Camp

For 75 minutes this morning, I ran, lifted weights, did squats, did pushups and a multitude other exercises that burned parts of my body I didn't know I had. It was all part of a Boot Camp class offered at my gym. It was a really fun and great workout, but most likely I won't be able to walk tomorrow.

I love that I'm exercising more regularly and more building the intensity. And I expect it to continue, because I feel so quilty about all my freetime that I need to do some productive with it. And while I feel stronger, but the scale isn't really budging. Everyone says it's because of more muscle, etc., but I don't really buy it. I think it's because all of this exercise is making me incredibly hungry! So I'm putting my diet in boot camp so to speak. It's not really that bad, but I'm going to make it better. My first step is to give up sugar. Typically I eat at least one small piece of chocolate after every meal (sometimes many more), and I'm trying to break that habit. Also, I'm trying to give up artificial sweetener--my beloved Diet Coke--as I've read how your body responds to it like normal sugar. So those are my baby steps, with many more to follow (wine, yes, I know wine--or lack thereof-- would make a big difference). I'll let you know how it goes.

Also I'm adjusting my attitude to our housing situation. It's only money right? We could have much bigger problems. So I'm just going to relax about it as much as possible, maybe do a little more visualizing and then be pleasantly surprised by the call one day (SOON!). Besides, my mother's 57-day Novena is up on Monday. Can you imagine if the call comes on that day?

1 comment:

CheleTales said...

I think my friend Kelly did the Novena thing (clearly I'm not Catholic) when they were trying to sell their house in Boise when they moved to Atlanta. It finally paid off for them, and it will for you too. Let me know if you need me to do some guerilla marketing for you out here....signage on the Space Needle? :)