Wednesday, January 30, 2008

hi

i've been a bad blogger I know. As I've said before, I hate blog lags, so sorry I'm regularly providing them. I've just been busy--with new freelance work, the f'ing cookbook committee, shoping and lunch with a new friend today, new school tours, cleaning my house for my mom's arrival tomorrow, etc., etc. etc. But it's all good...mostly.

Another family got "this" close to buying our house, and now looks like they're not going to go forward. These ups and downs are killing me. And every month, when I have to write out two mortgage checks, I get really depressed. And since it's almost the 1st...you can guess how I'm feeling.

But it's a little tempered, because I know it could be much, much worse. I found out that a friend of mine from Seattle has breast cancer. She just found out. She's a wonderful woman with four children. I used to work with her at a nonprofit when I first moved to the area, and she taught me how to quilt. She's strong, blunt, funny and spiritual; and I think and pray that those things serve her well as she battles this disease.

Finding out about her illness has left me particularly pensive. But at the same time unable to express my emotions very well. My thoughts, however, just won't stop.

So anyway, my mom gets here tomorrow evening, and we're all looking forward to that. She hasn't seen our new house; and PB is just in a great, great place right now. (Okay total aside--he's a HUGE sleeptalker/sleepsinger, etc. For the past week or so, every night he starts counting in his sleep. I'll go up there thinking he's awake, but he's totally asleep. so weird!) My husband and i may even get to go out on a date all by ourself. I seriously can NOT remember the last time that happened. It would be a very nice treat.

So anyway, that's about it. I got in great running over th weekend, and then have done no excercise the rest of the week. I'm hoping tomorrow I might get in at least a quick 3 miler. We'll see.

4 comments:

Wes said...

Sounds like the cookbook committee is coming right along :-O

Yay for a date night! That will be awesome! I got no family in Atlanta either, so date nights rock :-)

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Enjoy when your mom visits! Go do something fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your friend.

redheadmomma said...

I know how unsettled you must be feeling with your friend and her dx. I'm sending healing thoughts into the universe for her.