Tuesday, September 25, 2007

More on Love Bugs

Just another weird fact* about love bugs--they were actually CREATED in a lab at the University of Florida!!! There seems to be debate as to which college is the culprit, but it doesn't really matter to me, it's the fact that they are MAN MADE!

How eerie is that?! I guess some mad scientists created them as a way to combat mosquitoes. But the experiment didn't work and now these crazy bugs are flying around, and so are the mosquitoes.

Like I said before, the whole thing is weird, just weird!

*By fact I mean what people tell me. I could do a bunch of research about them, but it's more fun to hear people's theories and stories about them.

3 comments:

JODI said...

We once drove through Florida and the love bugs were so horrible our car looked like it was draped with a black carpet.

BTW...thanks for visiting my blog. Stop by again.

JODI said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wes said...

LOL. Somebody is pulling your leg. You can read more about it here.