Monday, September 10, 2007

Waiting

If I indeed had a past life, I'm confident that I was an arrogant doctor (or some other professional) who kept a waiting room full of people waiting and waiting and waiting. In this life, I'm getting paid back.

I'm sure you're getting as sick of reading about our Washington house STILL not selling, but it's what is permeating my thoughts these days. And frankly, I don't have a whole lot else to focus on--because I don't have a house, or neighbors or any freakin' stability in my life!

But really, time and time again throughout my life I've been faced with huge, draining waits regarding things that are almost completely out of my control. Waiting and waiting to get pregnant, waiting for months on end to hear about jobs, waiting nine hours for the cable guy to show up, etc.

It drives me crazy, especially when there's little I can do to remedy a situation. And for a control freak like me, that's the worst. We've already done some remodeling, added new appliances, dropped the price several times. (note: we dropped by 20k this week and had only ONE couple show up to our open house yesterday!)There's little left for us to do. It's up to the buyers; and the bottom line is there are too few of them and too many sellers, like us.

The way I see it is that we have about two more months before we're really screwed. September and October may bring a decent stream of lookers, but I'm guessing the holidays of November and December and the freezing cold of January and February are not going to bring on hordes of house hunters. So that takes us to next MARCH!!!

If we have to wait that long I swear I will go insane; insane and broke.

To all the doctors out there--don't keep your patients needlessly waiting.

No comments: