This week has flown by. It seems that almost every day I've had something going on, which means I got in fewer workouts that I would have liked. Hopefully this weekend I can get in some good runs.
Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment. It was the first time I've seen an internist. In the past I've just had an OB/Gyn, but since I'm getting up there in age, I decided to see someone a little more comprehensive. And comprehensive they were. They have ordered a whole slew of tests (all routine plus my thyroid check) that I have to go get done in the next couple of weeks.
I'm glad I'm going to get them done, as I know it's best if they catch things early, etc. But they stress me out soo bad as I'm total hypochondriac. So I just want to get it all over with, because the stress is probably way harder on my health than anything they'll find (hopefully). I just keep imagining a horrible phone call with test results that shatter my life. I know, I know. I can't do that, but I do.
Then there's the fact that since that appointment I just haven't felt well. My stomach isn't happy. Now, I also grabbed a salad from a local supermarket right after that appointment, which very well could have been the problem too. Or it could be my new vitamins, I'm not sure. All I know is that last night I felt so yucky that I went to bed at 9 p.m.--I didn't even stay up for the Real World, which is saying a lot since I'm without my tivo. Today is better, much better, but I still feel tired and not quite right. I've only googled a couple symptoms though and haven't diagnosed myself with anything too awful yet.
This morning I went and toured a fancy schmancy school for PB. We're trying decide where he'll go next year and beyond. The one today has been highly recommended over and over to us, and its reputation is certainly warranted. It's an awesome school, a beautiful campus, filled with darling, little uniform-clad, seemingly polite children. They all stood up when we entered their classroom, and then proceeded to raise their hands to tell me what they "get" to do in that particular class. I loved it there, and I know PB would too.
On the other hand, it's really pricey, and if the local public school is good then I'm more inclined to at least try it. I think there's a lot of value in a diversity in education, whether it be ethnic, economic, etc. I'm not sure today's school provides that.
My husband, on the other hand, is leaning strongly toward private. We'll see. I have a bunch of interviews set up more private schools; and I'm also going to tour the public school he would go to if we end up in House #1.
Speaking of House #1, we decided that's the one we want. So now the ball is in their court. If we can agree on a rent price and a few other terms then I very may well be heading back to Seattle in a few weeks to supervise the packing and moving. If all goes as planned/hoped, we would move in November 15.
That still seems like an eternity away, but it would definitely be something to look forward to. However, there are some buyers who have recently become interested in the same house, so that could put a damper on things. But if that happens,that's okay. I'll be totally fine with it and we'll move on out to the burbs and the other community. Basically, it's out of my hands now, and I'll leave it up to the powers that be to decide where we end up.
I'm sure there will be a long wait before anything is final, because that's just how my life goes.